A certain amount of skill is required for setting up an appointment with a high-profile lead in the field of interpersonal communication. It is in fact fostering a symbiotic relationship between you as a solutions provider and your prospect as someone who needs competent assistance.
Business appointment setting is rarely taken into serious consideration by business enterprises who consider it to be an unnecessary investment. But they fail to realize that their marketing and sales team can be benefited to a great extent. Several attributes such as research, assertiveness, precise record keeping, patience and skill are required for success in appointment-setting. The prospect could be anyone from the CEO of a company to a data admin and a blend of techniques and tips can be used to reach out to the prospects.Execution of right appointment setting techniques is a great way to accelerate your sales pipeline and be successful in sales. The common problem in appointment setting space is that people don’t have enough time to” get pitched” by sales people. In fact with increasing number of companies in this zone, there is a continued urge to be more and more professional and enhance your objection handling capabilities.
Before you start your appointment setting campaign you need to firstly document your value proposition and why the target audience will be interested. Don’t fall into the trap of thinking that everyone out there will be interested in what you have to sell – you will only be disappointed! List out all your key features and benefits and if you can do a competitive matrix to articulate your product/solution’s strengths and weaknesses.
Here are five B2B Appointment setting tips and tricks that will lead to a guaranteed secured meeting-
1. Identify benefits you can provide to the specific needs of the clients: Every business has some on-going issues which it would like to address. So if you do your research properly to reach out to the RPC, all you need to do is map their issues with your product and services offering and offer them the benefits you have. So addressing the issue is what is going to get you benefits of long terms sales partnership. Make a conversation, ask open minded question and pay lot of attention to what your prospects say over the call. This will always put you in a comfortable position to understand your prospect and their needs better.
2. A client centric lead generation campaign: An appointment goes beyond the function of gaining a purchase. Simply quitting because a prospect is ‘difficult’ is a detrimental outlook. It’s actually easy to give up on a prospect. But if you have sales goals in mind, it would be difficult to meet them if you maintain your current attitude. Be persistent in your appointment setting campaign, and your prospects might insist on knowing more about your offers. Having the right type of skills in dealing with your audience ensures that your relationships will go beyond buyer-consumer commitment.
3. Aggression does not equate to assertion: Appointment setting is all about determination and consistency. Often your prospects will say that they are interested in your offerings but cannot meet because of their busy schedules. For such clients, always have a follow-up strategy in place. Ask them when you can call them back or what the best way to move things forward is. This way, you can build your reputation as a serious business person and influence them to get an appointment scheduled.
4. Follow marketing's lead: You'll have much greater success setting appointments with prospects that have already interacted with your company's brand in one way or another. Make sure you get the information you need from marketing to follow up on:
• Website downloads: If you offer intellectual capital such as white papers, webinars, or research on your website, the list of prospects viewing this content is prime for sales follow up.
• Website visitors: There are many technologies that notify you when a prospect is visiting your website. This is especially useful if you’re trying to reconnect with prospects you've already spoken with. It lets you know 1) you're on their mind, and 2) they are likely at their desk or computer right now.
• Event attendees: Make sure you get the full attendee list of any events your company sponsors, or better yet, at events where your company executives speak.
5. Referrals are a point in your favour: Referrals are gold. When someone refers you, the trust your prospect has for the referrer transfers to you. This gives you a huge advantage as buyers will be more open to speaking with you. The obvious place to ask for referrals is your network—everyone should do this. A not-so-obvious place is in your prospecting calls themselves. When reaching out to an organization for the first time, it's up to you to navigate the hallways and find the buyers and decision makers within the organization. The best way to do this is to get your foot in the door and ask for an internal referral. The key here is to start high and work your way down. The executive assistant to the president or CEO can provide a wealth of information here and will often point you in the right direction and even provide a referral, but only if you ask.
The absence of a unified method for engagement shouldn’t lead us into thinking that there is no effective method when in fact there is. B2B lead nurturing is possible given your team has the proper skill sets.You’re going to hear a lot more numbers than yeses, but if you follow these tips, you’ll increase your odds of getting through and securing a meeting.